1850 Greyson Road
Like the Lance Memorial Student Union, Lance Hall is named in honor of President Josephine Lance. In this case, however, the honor was not awarded posthumously. President Lance was instrumental in seeing through the construction of this dorm in the midst of a postwar housing crisis and a series of financial setbacks, and it was finally completed in 1954, just a few months before she died. The all-female dormitory is the virtual twin of its companion facility, Worth Hall, standing seven stories tall with room for 1200 to 1400 residents and a spacious basement dining hall. Most of the rooms are doubles, but there are a handful of singles and triples on each floor and several four-person and six-person suites on the top floor.